Prime Comparisons editors feature items we personally select. Prime Comparisons has affiliate relationships. If you buy something through our links we may get a small share of the revenue.
Teacher Appreciation Week 2019 is May 6-10. This school supply cake is made extra special with our free printable. Included is an online shopping list so you can get the supplies delivered and make it whenever you like.
30 Glue sticks (I had 2-4 left over) Elmer’s All Purpose School Glue Sticks, Washable, 30 Pack, 0.24-ounce sticks
Approximately 50 #2 Pencils Amazon Basics Wood-cased Pencils – #2 HB Box of 96
A Large Container of Lysol Wipes Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes w. Scrubbing Texture, 105ct
7 Packs of Crayola 24 Count Crayons Crayola 24 Count Crayons (6-Pack)
Mini Command Tabs (or Glue Dots)
One 12 ft. Roll 1.5 in. Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon
Copy Paper or Cardstock
Scrap of Cardboard (Amazon boxes are great for this)
A Pencil Holder, A Plastic Charger, Rubber Bands, A Glue Gun, Glue Sticks, & Scissors which can all be found at Dollar Tree
“Teachers take the CAKE!” FREE Printable!
- Place 4 mini Command Strips on the bottom of the Lysol wipes and place in the center of the charger.
- Place pencils around The Lysol wipes, leave enough space to add one black Expo marker to each side of the container and secure with a rubber band.
- Place 6 packages of crayons around the pencils and secure with a rubber band.
4. Place glue sticks around pencils and secure with a rubber band.
5. Place four mini command strips on the bottom of the pencil holder and attach to the top of the Lysol Wipes container.
5. Using two rubber bands secure 13 colored Expo markers around the pencil holder.
6.Place a #2 pencil between every two markers against the pencil holder.
7. Bundle 7 glue sticks with a rubber band, apply 2 mini command strips to the lids and place inside pencil holder face down.
8. Apply 2 mini command strips to the bottom of the last box of crayons and attach to the bundle of glue sticks.
9. Cover rubber bands with ribbon and glue in place.
10. Make a paper fan.
Print our “Teachers take the CAKE!” FREE Printable! Print it on copy paper cut it out and glue it to a 4 x 4 piece of cardboard or print directly onto card stock. Glue the sign to the fan and then glue the finished embellishment to the cake.
Optional: Make and place a shoestring bow behind embellishment.